1. Clean up your Bookshelves/ Kindle: I deleted a bunch, made some new categories, and found several books I had forgotten I had!
2. Read anything your want: That’s exactly what a vacation is all about. I did finish an ARC in the first couple days, but then I picked up whatever I felt like.
3. Post a Hiatus Post, and then break it right away: I found that I had more time on my hands. While I didn’t have my laptop and the WordPress app is pretty horrible for sharing posts from my phone, I did try to retweet a bunch and comment on other’s posts.
4. Binge on Book sales: There were several sales on the interwebs between Xmas and New Years. I promptly added some to my Kindle and my TBR:)
5. Search out local book stores: This is one I failed at… but I have done this before. Many shops will have ‘local’ sections with books from area authors and books set in that locale.
6. Read books about the place you’re visiting: We were fortunate to go to Maui on our vacation this year. I thought about reading Michner’s Hawaii, but 1000 pages was a little too much dedicated to one book. Instead I started Brennert’s new one, Daughter of Molokai. (And I finished it in just a day and a half). Review to come soon.