Set sometime between the action of Solo and Rogue One, Han and Chewie are on Coruscant and hear of a possible job. Easy money! But it’s a trap, and Chewbacca is forced on a mission to a very dangerous planet with ‘a tall droid and a rogue librarian’ to pick up a dark artifact.
- Chewie! All Chewie all the time. Sure, there have been many Han and Chewbacca books and now, a full-length film, but this one focuses solely on the big hairy dude. (Yes, I know there was a Chewie comic book series a couple years ago.)
- Terrible tentacles and worms with hook hands! And each character has his or her own way of battling these creatures.
- K2 from Rogue One! Y’know, the Empire’s security droid taken and reprogramed by the Rebels. Lots of great lines and some near-acrobatic feats.
- Breaking the 4th Wall. I really enjoyed when the narrator spoke to the reader. Usually to check in about background info; these sections were excellent.
- Mayv the Bounty Hunter/ Librarian. Another victim of the Empire who finds a kindred spirit in Chewbacca and his experiences on Kashyyyk.
- Fantastic Illustrations. There’s five or six drawings by artist Andie Tong scattered throughout the book that really help the reader visualize the planet Ushruu and the monsters it holds.
- I just really wish I spoke the wookie language, Shyriiwook, because the narrator refuses to translate any of the colorful language Chewie uses in the book!
Overall, a wonderful hunt, chase, and run adventure for one of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars universe.